Dull, dry skin got you down? Give it a brightening boost with this simple face mask recipe that harnesses the healing power of apple cider vinegar (ACV) to deliver the ultra-hydrating benefits your skin craves. The best part? You already have all of the ingredients in your kitchen!
Here’s why we love apple cider vinegar
- ACV balances the pH level of the skin, which reduces natural sebum (oil) production to prevent acne while clarifying and brightening skin tone — without overdrying.
- ACV makes a brilliant addition to a mask or toner because it contains acetic, lactic, citric, and malic acids to remove pore-clogging dead skin cells without irritating the natural lipid (moisture) barrier.
Apple Cider Vinegar Face Mask
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Apply mixture using a face mask brush (clean hands work too!) in circular motions.
3. Allow to absorb for 10-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
4. Enjoy your healthy, hydrated skin!